Thursday, November 26, 2009

PRAYER REQUESTS

Hey everybody. For those of you following the blog and wanting to pray as well, here are some of the requests for the trip right now:

1. India Worship Conference: The time frame has changed a little...we fly to India on Dec. 2nd and we'll return Dec. 9th. The conference itself is on Dec. 4-6. We'll spend the other days touring the area. Pray for The Porters and myself as we pray and prepare for the Worship Conference in India. We are looking for continued direction from the Lord in what we should do when we get there. At this point, it looks like the three of us will be doing most of the conference...teaching, leading worship, etc.

You can also pray for me towards the end of the India trip, as I will get back to Bangkok on the afternoon of the 9th, get packed, hit the sack and get up the next morning around 5am to fly home.

2. Pray for GRACE over the Porters. They have a lot on their plate right now. They just got done with Thailand National Day of Prayer/March for Jesus, then they had Pattaya Praise and they're getting ready for the India Worship Conference. In the midst of it all, they're oldest son, Seth (who is adopted - I'll tell you that story sometime...it's amazing) is getting married the beginning of January. So again, they need grace, peace and rest in their hearts, as well as strength to juggle all that God has before them right now.

3. For me, pray that I would have confidence to pour myself out at the India Worship Conference and that I would hear God on what I would teach while I'm there. I believe I'm here for this purpose and I want to give it my all and believe God for much!

You can also pray for me as I have had a few days of disillusionment. Not sure quite how to explain it, but I feel challenged right now as I think about my calling from God....where I have been, where I am now, and where He is taking me to...am I believing Him for all that He has planned for my life, and what are the areas that I need to frontier with greater faith. Big questions...I know :) But I think that was part of why I came here. Pray that I would not let those questions become "heavy" in my heart, but instead as opportunities to draw into God and hear His voice more clearly.

Thank you for your continued interest in my trip and for any prayers, large or small, that you would offer on my behalf.

Journeying with Him,
Shon

1 comment: