Monday, November 30, 2009

My new recording comrades...

Well, one of the many reasons I came to Bangkok was the connection I felt in my heart with the Porter's regarding worship, music and recording. They have been helping mobilize worship and recordings from the Christian church here in Thailand. All Thailand has really known is "American" worship songs that have been translated into Thai and sometimes the translations are wrong :-( This is ok, because no "new" worship songs are worse than no worship at all. But the Porter's are raising up and encouraging local worship leaders/song writers from this area to create their own songs, in their own language, with their own hearts...songs that capture the sounds and passions that come from the Thai people. I love that! Every tribe, every nation, all sounds, all dance styles, all colors, all instruments, all hearts...that's what heaven will be like, so why not now...right?

So part of my trip was getting the opportunity to meet some of the people who write songs and do the recordings. So here are a couple of them...Tan (seated left - pronounced with a D/Th sound) and Danny (seated right - pronounced with a D sound :) Tan has written a lot of worship songs and non-worship songs as well. He has a heart to see the non-worship songs reach out to his unsaved friends and family. Danny is American and has been living in Thailand for about 16 years. He is a musician/recording engineer and also has a heart to see indiginous worship come from within the nation.

We had a great time hanging out, sharing vision, laughing, talking tech, listening to their recordings and I played a few of mine for them as well. I left really encouraged and even more excited to record back at my studio and see local worship recorded in our area as well :) Who's first??? I know, I know...I need to get my own butt in gear and record some of myself...so who's second?

Below are a couple of Tan's songs...enjoy!








Two others I met (no pics...sorry) were PJ and Yam Hudson. This married couple are putting out AMAZING Thai worship music! Check out their website:

http://www.whitelotusworshipmusic.com/

3 comments:

  1. I love Tan's slow song- i'd love to know the lyrics to compare them to what i feel when i listen to them. =) And, i am delightfully amused by God taking you...not to New York, not to Hollywood...but to a little grass roots recording studio in Thailand to stir up these sounds he's put in your heart. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very excited to see god blowing on the fire in your soul - encouraging you to step out - even in the small things. we are proud of you and blessed to watch god mold your life. love you shonners! -J & R

    ps. i would like to record WITH you one day. but you know that already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 words:
    MOVIE SCORES!

    Record 'em in the Valley, send them to Hollywood?

    Is that still on your heart?

    ReplyDelete